Friday, January 29, 2010

Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

©2009 Dave Clegg

Two good ol’ boys, 
in the Walmart parking lot,
Swappin’ knuckle sandwiches
With everything they’ve got.
They wear the same wife-beaters.
They’re from the same hometown. 
The Red Man stains between their teeth
Are the same shade of brown.
They use the same bad grammar, 
With the same accent.
They’re both big Georgia Bulldog fans,
Though, neither of them went.
All the things they have in common
Must now be ignored, 
'Cause one drives a Chevy
And the other drives a Ford
Why can’t we all just get along?
If I knew the answer I’d stick it in this song, oh but
One person’s right is always someone else’s wrong,
Why can’t we all just get along?
Two soccer moms,
Goin’ toe-to-toe.
You can see it all on YouTube
Thanks to cell phone video,
They fly the same team colors on the
Same mini vans
Same color fingernails on the
Same color hands.
Same color lipstick,
Same color boots,
Same trendy hairstyles with the 
Same color roots.
One shouts in anger
As they jerk each other’s hair,
“I brought the snacks last week,
That’s just not fair!”

Oh, why can't we all just get along?...
I’d love to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
But I’m still searching, trying to find
Just two folks who agree.
So pardon me if I don’t share
Your lofty expectations,
But you can have those oxymorons 
At the United Nations.

Why can’t we all just get along?
If I knew the answer I’d stick it in this song, oh but
One person’s right is always someone else’s wrong,
Why can’t we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment